Job of corporate clinic manager and supervising lawyer with BPP EDUCATION GROUP
Applicants must provide proof of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job profile Program Management – Program Operations
Type of Contract Determined time
Objective of the position
The BPP Pro Bono Center manages a number of projects involving law students in the provision of free legal education and advice. One of the projects is BPP’s Business Legal Advice Clinic, which offers free business legal advice to start-ups and small businesses across the country.
We are looking for an attorney or attorney with considerable and varied Commercial / IP expertise to oversee Student Advisors and manage the Enterprise Pro Bono Group Legal Advisory Clinic.
The Corporate Clinic will operate with a combination of supervision from the Supervising Lawyer and volunteer lawyers from all of BPP’s client law firms. The Supervising Solicitor will be an excellent networker,
able to hire volunteer lawyers at the Clinic. The successful candidate will work closely with the heads of pro bono services, other pro bono supervising lawyers, the head of clinics of the BPP legal counsel and the administrator of the center.
- Supervise business cases with the BPP Legal Advice Clinic (BLAC) and attend clinic sessions (including some evening counseling sessions);
- Review all advice letters sent by the Corporate Clinic to ensure they are accurate (this will cover a variety of topics such as contracts, corporate law, commercial property, intellectual property and civil litigation );
- Work closely with the Clinic Manager to ensure the clinic is operating efficiently and in accordance with professional requirements and the standard of counseling quality.
- Help design, coordinate, implement and manage the Centre’s projects;
- Manage student directors in charge of projects;
- Supervise the trainee lawyers of the Pro Bono Center;
- Liaise with and recruit volunteer lawyers to oversee the company’s clinic appointments;
- Advise students on how they can get involved in pro bono work, including giving introductory pro bono talks at the start of the term;
- Recruit and train student volunteers among BPP law students;
- Attend conferences and committee meetings to exchange ideas in the pro bono community;
- To undertake any other task related to the position.
department University education services – careers and pro bono
Vacancy place UK, nationally, nationally
- Qualification as a solicitor / barrister in England and Wales
- Significant PQE
- Proficiency and experience in commercial law (experience in commercial dispute resolution is particularly interesting, but not essential)
- An understanding and commitment to the roles of clinics and pro bono in delivery
- legal services.
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to convey complex information in an accessible manner
- An ability to explain the law clearly and simply both orally and in writing.
- Dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for students.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- The ability to work in a team
- Ability to use a range of computers and information technology
- Confident speaker or enthusiasm to develop
- Good networking skills
Contractual hours 37.50
AND P 1.00